Saturday, September 13, 2008

Go, Ben, Go!

Ben learned to ride his bike without his training wheels last weekend (or rather, we took the training wheels off and he was off!) Barry says at first he only fell because Barry was trying to help him balance. Once he let go of him, he was riding like a mad man....I looked out the window and saw Ben ride by and then Barry chasing after him (at a pretty good run!) I guess he was ready. He had one skinned elbow this week, but he got back on the horse (or bike, as it may be). Pretty neat to watch your kid learn to ride a bike (especially when you don't have to exert too much effort- HA!)

I was remembering when i learned to ride a bike. i think it was a green bike with a sparkly green banana seat(very 70's looking- but very cool, a real big kid bike!). I rember my dad holding the back of my bike as i rode it through the backyard over and over- it seemed like it took FOREVER to get the hang of it. i guess Ben is a faster learner than i am, i'll keep my fingers crossed Sam is too!!


No comments: