Monday, May 18, 2009

Collections

Update on the coin collection- we now have all the states! We're just in search of the coins from the U.S. territories now.

No, not the kind of "collections" that call you when your bills are late! Ben has recently gotten hooked on a new collection he's started. He's the kind of kid that LOVES to save things...every little thing! Every piece of paper, card, rock...his room would be overrun with junk if I let him (of course, if he read this I would get a stern talking to that "it's not JUNK, mom!") Anyway, I thought I'd try to channel his collecting energy and found a state map where he can collect the state quarters. It's taken off like gang busters- he loves it! And he's already acquired all but a small handful of states. He's also a pretty good saver (money wise)-- he's gotten his allowance in quarters for about the last 2 years--so we had a pretty good stock pile to start from! So we're posting a list of the quarters we are still looking for, in case any of you come across one. If you send it to Ben, he'll pay you back w/ one of his "non-state" quarters. We've already started to get a few from friends and relatives and it's been such a fun thing for him! We'll keep you updated on his progress.
Still looking for:

Guam
American Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands
US Virgin Islands
(I've also had a geography lesson in US territories- I didn't realize half of these were!)
Oregon
Arizona
New Mexico
Kentucky
Minnesota
Wisconsin
South Carolina
Maine
Pennsylvania
Alabama
South Dakota

No comments: