Monday, August 24, 2009

What a guy...

So I'm embarking on a new challenge...to run a 1/2 marathon! I've signed up for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's Half Marathon Challenge. The marathon is in Las Vegas the first weekend of December. Part of the challenge (besides the obvious trying to run 13.1 miles!), is raising a good chunk of change for CCFA. (I'm sure you'll hear more about this soon!) I'm just beginning the training. It's going well so far, I'm enjoying running---I REALLY didn't think I was a runner, but turns out it's not so bad!
Anyway, back to "what a guy," ...I got up and went for a jog this morning and borrowed Barry's Ipod. I had no idea what songs he had loaded on there- figured there should be a few good songs. What a pleasant surprise when the second song was the last song we danced to at our wedding! It was the song "Forever and Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis. I knew this was on his playlist only because it was one of the songs from our wedding because Barry is NOT what you would call a country music fan! ...which makes the memory even sweeter since he requested it because he knew I loved it and made sure we got to dance to it before we left the reception!
I ran the rest of my jog with a smile and wonderful memories going through my mind. What a great morning... what a great guy!

No comments: