Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sammy's First Day of School




Sniff, sniff! I wasn't sure how today was going to go...Sam is a bit of a momma's boy. I didn't know if he was going to be too keen on this school thing- but I was pleasantly surprised! He held tight to my hand all the way up to the door and into his classroom, and putting away his bookbag. I told him I was going to the grocery store (because what boy wants to go to the grocery store with mom when he could stay and play with cool new toys), gave him a kiss, the teacher took his hand and he went with her to find a toy without a single teardrop. Whew! I feel like I got off easy on that one-I guess he's more ready than I thought he was. Which helps me feel like I'm not pushing him into daycare just because I'm going back to work. Hopefully this is the right timing for all of us! ...that or he's just saving it up for day 2!

No comments: