Ben's first kdg. field trip. Barry and I were reminiscing about how our first kdg. field trips were to Busch Wildlife- but Ben got to do a lot more stuff than we did. I was excited I got to go along w/ him. Missed the bus ride b/c I had to drop Sam off at Mom's Day Out first (darn, so upset about that!).
They learned about different kinds of frogs and then got to try to catch frogs and whatever else they could find in one of the ponds- which was a lot more fun than I first thought. Only one kid fell in- but he didn't get too wet. Ben almost fell in, but only b/c his mom was trying a "Grandpa Stan" move ...holding on to his back belt loop encouraging him to reach further out in the pond. Man! That kid has really grown- I had no idea he could almost pull me into the pond during that maneuver!
This is such a classic Ben move- notice he's sitting on his hands! There was no way what-so-ever he was touching a frog, salamander or any other slimy thing! I even put on my best "I'm even fine with this" mom face and touched the slimy frog- still no deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment